To tell you the truth, curing hemorrhoids isn’t as difficult as it seems. It’s such a common condition that many people just accept it as something they have to live with. But it doesn’t have to be that way because there are safe and natural ways to deal with it. As you’ll see, all it usually takes is a few changes to your lifestyle and diet.
Increase Fiber Intake
There’s very strong evidence indicating that increased fiber intake helps relieve hemorrhoid symptoms – even bleeding hemorrhoids. The reason is fiber bulks up your stool while softening it so there’s no need to strain. One study involving 378 subjects noted that after increasing their fiber intake, the bleeding, itching and discomfort disappeared. So regarding the question “is there a real cure for hemorrhoids?” the answer is, with fiber and other steps – yes.
You can increase your fiber intake by eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains. It’s important that you increase intake slowly to avoid bloating, and you should also drink more liquids to supplement the additional fiber. You may also take psyllium, acacia fiber, glucomannan, carob or flaxseed as they can stop the bleeding and pain associated with the condition.
Bioflavonoids are plant compounds found in lemons, oranges and citrus fruits. There are many bioflavonoids but the most important are oxerutins, hesperidin and diosmin as they strengthen your capillaries and veins and reduce inflammation. Based on numerous clinical trials it’s been shown that bioflavonoids reduce discomfort, pain and bleeding brought about by hemorrhoids.
These are especially effective when there’s a flare up, as that’s when the pain really strikes.
Witch Hazel Ointment or Compress
When you ask the question “how can hemorrhoids be cured?”, one of the answers given is usually witch hazel. There are studies to indicate that it helps whether as compress or ointment.
You can also apply witch hazel liquid on the anal area, and since it acts as an astringent, it relieves pain, bleeding and itching. Plus, using it in a sitz bath is also very soothing.
Below is a video we found that describes how you can go about curing hemorrhoids naturally. (Original source: Youtube.com)
Treatments and Ointments As A Cure For Hemorrhoids
There are many other natural ointments and creams you can use such as zinc ointment or oxide cream for curing hemorrhoids. You can also use petroleum jelly and coconut oil, while some people prefer to use an ice pack to relieve the pain. Ice packs can be effective in getting rid of swelling and so will a 20 minute warm sitz bath.
There are many steps & things you can do when attempting to cure hemorrhoids. Below we give some tips that you can keep in mind.
Here are some suggestions:
- Exercising 20 to 30 minutes a day stimulates bowel movement, and if you’re overweight helps you lose extra pounds. Obesity is a contributing factor to hemorrhoids as your anus is subjected to more pressure when you sit or stand for prolonged periods.
- If you have to sit for hours on end, get up every half hour or so and walk around for a couple of minutes. If you’re wondering can hemorrhoids go away, sometimes they do, but they come back if there’s constant strain and pressure on the anal area. One way to relieve this is of course, is by simply walking.
- Go to the bathroom when you feel the need to and not when you want to. Don’t force yourself because straining adds to the pressure and causes bleeding.
- Don’t sit on hard surfaces and use a cushion to keep pressure off your anal area.
- Eat plenty of fruits and / or take fiber supplements so that you don’t suffer from constipation.
- Stress may contribute to hemorrhoids so meditation or yoga may help. According to researchers, mental, physical or emotional stress can affect bodily functions like bowel movement, which is why relaxation is necessary. If you are under stress it can make curing hemorrhoids more difficult. 🙁
- For lasting treatment you need a proven guide to keep you hemorrhoid free. For an overview of a proven & complete guide that outlines a true cure for hemorrhoids from home read our review here
How to Keep Hemorrhoids from Getting Worse
After bowel movement, blot your anus with a tissue paper dampened with a cleansing agent or water, and avoid toilet papers with rough textures. You should also avoid rubbing your anal area and make sure to pat it dry gently with a soft cloth or towel. In addition, don’t use soaps with perfume as it can aggravate your condition.
The icepack that we talked about is most effective when applied on the anal area for 10 minutes and replacing it with a warm compress for 10 minutes as well. Alternating the two usually brings about relief. If that doesn’t work, you can take nonprescription medication available OTC as well as creams, suppositories or ointments. These medications work in different ways so you must follow the instructions to avoid complications.
Here are some more tips for curing hemorrhoids:
- If your hemorrhoids are already inflamed, get as much bed rest as you can as it relieves the pressure.
- Pregnant women suffering from hemorrhoids may find relief by lying on their side. If you’re not pregnant, you can sleep on your stomach while placing a pillow below your hips to reduce swelling.
- Be as physically active as you can. Instead of taking the car, try walking or riding a bike, and exercise every day if possible. If you don’t have time for a full aerobics workout, walking 30 minutes every day will be enough.
- Moisture buildup contributes to hemorrhoids, so wear cotton underwear and loose clothing to keep the anal area pressure free.
- If you’re going to use ointments, make sure you research each one and take careful note of the ingredients, but don’t overuse them.
- Suppositories for instance, are best used only for a week to provide lubrication, and prolonged use could lead to unpleasant side effects. With regards to ointment, the most ideal are those with 1% or 2.5% hydrocortisone.
- However you must not use them longer than two weeks since it can lead to skin thinning.
Curing Hemorrhoids With The Best Hemorrhoid Treatment..
There are several treatments available for treating hemorrhoids, and one of the best is H Miracle, an e-book written by Holly Hayden that includes a comprehensive guide to the best natural treatments for the condition.
In order to cure your hemorrhoids for good, you will need to learn why you have them in the first place. HMiracle, by Holly Hayden, is a great resource for this. An easy to follow system with thousands of satisfied customers that will truly hold your hand through the whole ‘curing hemorrhoids’ process. It will literally teach you why you have your hemorrhoids and help you to take control of your hemorrhoids and cure them for good!